Sunday, April 19, 2009

Drew turned 1


Drew turned 1 on Friday, April 17. He made out like a bandit, as we expected, so fortunately Tim and I exercised some restraint when it came to shopping for him.

He had croup and a left ear infection, so our big birthday bash on Saturday turned into a smaller gathering of grandparents, aunts and uncles. It's just as well, since Drew is none too fond of toy sharing.

He was a very good sport for the party, which ended in tears because he was overdue for a nap. He is far sleepier this week than usual, probably due to his fever.

Once the commotion died down and he had some quality sleep, he was open to sampling some of the allergen-free chocolate cake I made for him. We think he could have dairy and egg allergies, so I wanted to avoid hives and vomit on his special day. It turned out to be quite tasty -- Drew seemed to like it, but not nearly as well as his all time favorite, Rice Krispies.

We are struggling to get him on table foods... he has the world's strongest gag reflex, and will gag on anything that isn't a) pureed, or b) dry, crunchy, cracker-like in texture. So, Tim and I continue to buy stage 2 pureed baby food for our TODDLER with EIGHT teeth! I'm hoping we'll be able to transition him to table food by the time he cuts his back molars. If not by that time, then maybe Kindergarten will be a good transition time?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the gag reflex is because Tim thinks it's funny to tease little children into gagging themselves until they puke. HAHA. Have him tell you that story some time...

    It's fun to see a little one year old Drew.

    ReplyDelete