I know I have neglected this poor blog for about 6 months now... Does anybody still remember it's here?
Drew officially turns 18 months this Saturday. He's such an active kid, running around the house, climbing furniture (he hasn't made it onto the dining room table... yet), digging in the yard, and talking up a storm.
It's hard to keep track of the new words he randomly blurts out, like "tractor," and most of them can only be understood by his adoring parents. But we understand, and that's what counts! It's fun to have little conversations with him as we go on walks or drive in the car, and he points out cars, trucks and birds. He is also still signing quite a bit, so combined with his verbal words, he can really express himself these days. He can also be prone to meltdowns when he expresses his desires and they are not promptly accommodated. It's hard out there for a baby.
I love going to the Phoenix Zoo with him now that he is old enough to recognize the animals. He thinks the elephants, giraffes, rhinos, tortoises, warthogs and tiger are way cool, and he loves to pet the goats. I'm trying to get as many zoo visits in as I can before I have to lug two chunky kids around in a stroller. Tim and I are anticipating the Sequel will be just as rolly-poly as Heavy D.
Still no names for the Sequel. Tim and I are at a loss! We have a long list of possibilities, but nothing is jumping off the page. Right now our c-section delivery is scheduled for Dec. 18, but that could change because it's possible that we will be delivering at a different hospital.




He's so sweet, Linds! :)
ReplyDeleteUpdate: the new baby's birthdate has been changed to Monday, Dec. 21! Lindsay
ReplyDelete