Two weeks from tomorrow I will become a mother of two, and Tim will become a father of three.
I'm really feeling the physical strain (had a false labor scare last week) of chasing a toddler while 9 months pregnant. That said, I am relishing every last glorious minute of uninterrupted sleep, including naps. Siestas will be a distant memory on most days, unless the Sequel serendipitously snoozes during Drew's midday nap, which fortunately lasts 2-3 hours.
Since I will have to divide my attention between Drew and his little brother, unevenly in the baby's favor on most days, we've been trying to squeeze in lots of fun outings to the zoo, parks, Christmas lights, etc. Drew is loving the new adventures in our routine, and has no idea they're about to come to a screeching halt.
He loves to pat and kiss my tummy, and lately I have been telling him that his little brother lives in my belly... This has obviously confused him, since he now lifts up his shirt and points to his belly button when I mention his brother.
Drew goes to nursery at church now, which he seems to enjoy until his dad leaves the room. Drew has always been a Daddy's boy, and absolutely loved having Tim home for four days over Thanksgiving. There is nothing - NOTHING - Drew would rather do than go exploring outdoors with Daddy. Which makes perfect sense to me, since there is nobody I'd rather spend time with, myself. We just celebrated our 3rd anniversary (dinner at Chelsea's Kitchen... delishuss) last month, and I feel so lucky to be married to Tim.
We are looking forward to having Sandy and Keeley down for a visit next weekend. We just decorated the house for Christmas, which we're so excited about. Should be lots of fun!




I liked your post! I wish I was there to help ya...
ReplyDelete